I’ve gotten a lot of questions about the new TOM FORD Beauty Traceless Perfecting Foundation SPF15 that
is being released in August IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE NOW as part of the new Flawless Complexion Collection. Most of the inquiries revolve around 2 things:
- Is the new Traceless Perfecting Foundation replacing the existing Traceless Foundation SPF15?
- Is this a completely new formulation, or just a new name and delivery system?
Here is what I can tell you.
- According to the official description, the Traceless Perfecting Foundation SPF15 “natural-finish, longwearing, humidity-resistant foundation hydrates and evens skin tone, creating a flawless, supple and pore-less canvas on which to sculpt the features. Its state-of-the-art formulation includes the skin-nourishing Tom Ford infusing complex to help smooth and renew skin and help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Buildable medium-to-full coverage SPF broad-spectrum sun protection shields skin from UVA/UVB damage.”
- The foundation is packaged in a pump-delivery system akin to the Illuminating Primer.
- It is a completely new formulation.
- It is NOT replacing the existing line of foundations.
- The colors are not exactly identical to the shades found in the original Traceless Foundation and Stick. I have been informed that the order from lightest to darkest is as follows:
The Beauty Professor has shared some fabulous swatches on her site and provides an excellent analysis of the new colors. Check it out here.
WHY I HOPE THE NEW FOUNDATION WILL BE MY NEW HG
From a personal standpoint, I really wanted to love the existing Traceless Foundation. I prefer liquid foundations to stick formulations, and I tried the TF Traceless Foundation quite a few times, hoping that it would work for me.
Yes, I love the dewy finish. And yes, I love the fact that the coverage, though buildable, is on the sheer side. I love the color selection as well, as Bisque is a perfect match for me.
However, my skin doesn’t agree with something in the ingredient list. At all. I keep trying, and it is a fail for me every time.
When comparing the ingredient lists below, I have high hopes for the new Traceless Perfecting Foundation. I really hope it works for me!
Check out the ingredients below and share your thoughts in the comments!
THE INGREDIENT LIST
NEW TRACELESS PERFECTING FOUNDATION SPF15
water • dimethicone • cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone • butylene glycol • glycerin • trimethylsiloxysilicate • disteardimonium hectorite • sodium chloride • polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate • sapindus mukurossi fruit extract • morinda citrifolia fruit extract • butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) • lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil • caffeine • dimethicone crosspolymer • methicone • stearic acid • glyceryl oleate • caesalpinia spinosa gum • tocopheryl acetate • tocopherol • lecithin • sodium dehydroacetate • ascorbyl palmitate • glyceryl stearate • citric acid • talc • alumina • disodium EDTA • linalool • phenoxyethanol • [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491) • iron oxides (CI 77492) • titanium dioxide (CI 77891) • iron oxides (CI 77499) • mica]
ORIGINAL TRACELESS FOUNDATION SPF15
water • phenyl trimethicone • caprylyl methicone • dimethicone • butylene glycol • isohexadecane • caprylic/capric triglyceride • isocetyl alcohol • PEG/PPG-18/ 18 dimethicone • magnesium sulfate • PEG-10 dimethicone • wheat germ glycerides • sapindus mukurossi fruit extract • morinda citrifolia fruit extract • lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil • cholesterol • caffeine • glycerin • simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil • disteardimonium hectorite • linoleic acid • lecithin • PEG-10 dimethicone crosspolymer • cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone • sodium hyaluronate • laureth-7 • tocopheryl acetate • caesalpinia spinosa gum • sorbitan stearate • triethyl citrate • triethoxycaprylylsilane • pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate • hydrogenated lecithin • hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer • propylene carbonate • xanthan gum • ascorbyl palmitate • silica • linalool • chloroxylenol • phenoxyethanol • [+/- titanium dioxide (CI 77891) • iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) • mica]